Friday, April 15, 2011

Week 12: VoicThread

 After watching the video over Voice Thread, I found it very interesting. I really like the part where it showed the old pictures of the family, and how each family member was able to talk about the mother's concern. Also, I enjoyed the little boy's dinosaur picture, and how he was able to explain what it was and everything. One of the reason's that I really thought this could be an effective tool, is because you are able to post comments through telephone, video, voice record, text, or you can upload a file. It is a good tool for having conversations around media.

I would definitely use this as part of my lesson plan, because it allows the teachers and the students to interact with one another. It is very simple to learn, and students can comment anywhere on the picture, or document. With the Voice Thread, they can capture all of the groups attention for discussion on just one page. It is really fun for the students to use, and I believe that they could learn a lot about other students from this. I as a teacher, could get their feedback on the lesson for the day as well. 

I plan on teaching speech with high school students, and the Voice Thread, could be used but not everyday. Student's wouldn't be able to give their speech on it, but they could use this as a demonstration for whatever their speech is about. It would be like having a power point to go off of, but it would be interactive for the other students. I wouldn't totally eliminate this in my classroom, because it would still allow me to get feedback on certain topics that students would like to talk about or not.
 
Reference:
What's a voicethread anyway? (2007). [Web]. Retrieved from http://voicethread.com/?#q

1 comment:

  1. i like how you as a speech teacher incorporate voicethread in your lesson as for making the student use it to tell their speeches it gives them a wider range of learning and presenting so when they have to present a project in their future they wouldn't just have to stay in the norm.

    ReplyDelete